The Government provides schools and academies with a ‘pupil premium’ which is additional to main school funding. This funding is provided to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
At Cliff Lane Primary School, pupil premium funding enables our most disadvantaged and vulnerable pupils an opportunity to flourish.
Some pupil premium funding is carefully ring-fenced to ensure it is spent on the target group of pupils but also provides wider benefits for other pupils within school. All staff know which children in their class are in receipt of pupil premium and take responsibility for accelerating their progress in all areas of the curriculum, ensuring they don’t confuse eligibility for pupil premium with low ability or additional educational needs.
Objectives in spending pupil premium:
- To provide support for vulnerable children through the work of a Family and Community Support Worker (FCSW)
- To provide 1:1 and small group support for children with gaps in their learning through additional teacher time in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- To provide funding for disadvantaged children to be able to participate in extra-curricular activities and school trips
- To develop support for children with challenging to promote positive relationships
- To develop nurture groups for children to boost confidence and social skills
Our Pupil Premium allocation for 2018/2019 is £107 020.00