The School Learning Council is a representative group of pupils who have been proposed and elected by their peers to represent their views and raise issues with the Senior Leadership Team.
The School Learning Councillors will propose and take forward initiatives and projects on behalf of their peers and identify and help to remove barriers to learning.
The objectives of the School Learning Council are to help pupils:
- enjoy and feel empowered by their education
- feel that their school responds to their needs and views
- have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them
- have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place
- develop life skills through participation
The School Learning Council will be led by Mrs H Cape and consist of pupils who are elected representatives from each class. For the academic year 2018/2019 it will be a Council of 13 elected members.
Members of the School Learning Council will:
- talk to their class and other members of the School Learning Council about things that are affecting pupils
- share and take forward ideas for improving the school
A very exciting day on Thursday 27th September when the school voted for its School Learning Councillors. Teachers and pupils discussed democracy and citizenship and then the nominees designed campaign posters. On the morning of the vote, each nominee gave a short speech to their class before voting began.
Results to follow…